Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Disaster is just another word for nothin’ left to loose

Dispatch: Disaster is just another word for nothin’ left to loose, and freedom, it ain’t free.  

Mac,
If you will send me the sites that you have online and in the queue I will update the propagation maps for Jeff to post the 900MHz and 2.4GHz.  For any new sites planned, Brian (with his sweet bow staff skills) or Missster (Hell, I took both pills) Anderson can do the link analysis as needed.  Brian would add, but only if you want to get it right on the first try ;p .  Let me know on the 700MHz gear where you want to go.  These guys are standing by.  Lastly, if you want to grab some of the photos off of Anthony’s Map Guy site of the group I am sure he won’t mind.  Just give him creds (Jeff).  

Sorry to hear that the Canuk's and Curious George got booted from the EOC for being “disaster tourists.”  It had to be a classic case of Country Club Hat Envy.  William heard his own drum, no doubt.  Those boys got a plane load of Hep A flown in, Moved a 40ft tractor trailer of ice from where it was sitting idle to people who needed it, and thanks to our campfire friends and Mr. Mee and the Cowboy crew’s Tupperware on a stick trick with the Alex Bell gang, got another truck load of Pharms moved from the Pfizer warehouse to people who desperately needed it.  That, my friends, is the stuff of legend.  Not bad for tourists, not bad at all.  They did it because they were there, because they care and because it needed to be done.  

"I am sorry, you will need form 14-B and authorization for that.” my ass.  Feudal prates can say what they want; Get-er-dun comes in many forms.  LTC said "Ask first, they will tell you no, then just do it anyway."  I told William that if he put those golf clubs on the back of that thing he would look like a Mounty on vacation and anyone would have to be crazier than he is to mess with him.  Ehil tell you what, Wild Bill deserved to wear the big Stetson on campus, crazy sum-bitch.  Crazy or Cool is just two different points on very fine line.  Therefore they and their legend shall be henceforth known as Wild Bill, Curious George and the Mounties.

It is perfectly comforting to know that if my plantation gets blown away in a hurricane you guys will; show up in my back yard (White socks with big hats), eat my food, drink my beer, and make sure I can still get email.  What’s better than that?  Remember that charity is our only true legacy.  If I haven’t said it to each and every one; thank you.  

Take care, be safe and God’s speed,

Mr. Anderson


P.S. God’s speed?  What would that be? Mac would say "DS3 or better, sigma six".

Next Dispatch: The legend of Slim Pickens, Lt. Dan and the Cowboy crew's eight second ride on Rita.