Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Last Lime in Paradise

Hey Guys,
I made it back to RI late last night. As I flew out of Gulfport yesterday, all of the houses still left standing had blue roofs. My wife picked me up at the airport and we went to Chili’s for a bite to eat. Eating in a restaurant was strange and cold. When the waitress asked if we wanted desert
I asked for Mississippi mud pie. They were out.
I already miss chicken fried everything under the tent. No more grits for breakfast. It is cooler here in RI than when we left, no sweating. Birds sing and there is the noise of everyday life, no choppers, generators or snoring. No litter, no piles, street lights work, houses are whole, no mud. The phone woke me up this morning. Beds are squishy, I miss the cot. The fridge has cold beer not ten feet from where I sit, I don’t want one. Ice is no longer a commodity.
I rolled out the poster that everyone signed yesterday morning, on the kitchen table last night. My wife and a friend just stared at it for the longest time. I couldn’t explain, words have so little power over what we have seen. I will have it framed tomorrow and have it there when you arrive for GC. Yesterday Anthony (Map Guy) noticed that no one signed over the search area's hallowed ground. I hope Rhode Islanders come to understand and truly appreciate what you have accomplished. Your professionalism, decorum, endurance, and pride are the stuff of legends. I am reverently honored to have had the distinct privilege to observe the finest group of working professionals in this state if not the country. I am humbled by the experience.
Take care, be safe and thanks for the last lime in paradise,
Robert Anderson

2 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger Shania said...

Your blog is great . If I can help, let me know. If you ever need any printing done, I'm sure you'd be interested in Brochures Try Brochures

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Emily Santiago said...

Web 2.0: Looking for new ideas in search
The panel highlighted search companies that are in the shadows of Google/Yahoo/MSN with more specialized engines.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to music on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like music!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home